What do we do here?
Today, millions of employees looking for career growth are stuck between bad HR software and impenetrable spreadsheets. There are no career development products that employees and managers really want to use.
That's not good enough. Managers should have the power to support their teams, and anyone should have the opportunity to be the best version of themselves and create careers that they love.
We're building the solution to that. Progression brings clarity to employees around their career growth, and simplicity and scalability to teams as they grow and look to promote and reward employees for their hard work.
That's just the start. Our mission is to help everyone build a career that they love.
That's where you come in
We're seeing great engagement and happiness amongst existing customers, and now it's time to start showing ourselves to the world and going after the huge market that we're first to.
That will take an enormous dollop of creativity, fantastic execution and the ability to move fast, leaning on best practices across content, positioning and growth as well as inventing where needed — no-one has ever built a product like ours before.
We're product founders with decades of experience but not masses of marketing knowledge, so we'll expect you to own your domain. You'll take the lead on key projects, building your own strategy and supporting the initiatives of others across product, customer success and sales. Autonomy and ownership to the max.
As the first marketing hire in a small team you'll also be excited to stay executional, getting into the weeds with wicked copy, analytics and tooling and becoming a true expert in our domain. You're not afraid to hook up a campaign yourself.
In short, you'll get a kick out of all things B2B marketing, positioning and career design.
Your skillset and experience:
- Meaningful experience in B2B SaaS marketing ideally including at an early stage
- Familiarity with key SaaS metrics and business models, channels and strategies (especially product-led growth)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- An infectious passion for positioning and customer communications
Your work will demonstrate:
- A very strong sense of ownership and autonomy (you act like an owner)
- Operationalising and automating or re-inventing a prior marketing funnel, ideally at an early stage
- A deep understanding of the users of the products you've worked on as well as the tone and personality of the companies you've worked with
- A cool head in a crisis — your experience will demonstrate how you've overcome the odds to get things done
- Creativity and openness to new ideas - not just rolling out a playbook
If you happen to have any of the following, we'd love to see!
- A passion for our space — perhaps you already document your growth, have built career frameworks for a team or have worked in a related field
- A familiarity with no-code tools like Airtable, Zapier or Webflow in automating repetitive tasks
What you're getting into
You'll be the first marketing hire at Progression. That means you'll be working on not just how we execute on marketing, but why Progression exists, the role we play and how that filters through to product, sales and customer success. A typical week might look like:
- Finding where our customers live out in the world and working out how to birng them to us
- Working on our positioning on our website and other channels (eg. progression.fyi)
- Working closely with product to make sure customers have a joined up experience, and that new features get seen
- Working on community efforts, talking to customers and giving them a place to be to learn and gain confidence
- Managing a content strategy, working with writers and designers on content pillars, social and other touch points
- Working with Sales and CS to ensure we're bringing in great leads, and that they're picked up and nurtured
You'll have a great time if you want:
- To get in on the very ground floor of a new tech company
- To work with high level goals and lots of freedom in a scrappy environment
- To learn unfamiliar things quickly so you can unblock yourself
- To work on the most business critical projects, whatever they are
- To build a team one day, maybe. But not today.
We may not be the right fit if you'd like to:
- Work under an experienced marketing manager or as part of a team (at first)
- Only work with one aspect of marketing - this role will provide a real mixture of problems to solve!
- Work in an office
Our commitment to fairness
We're very committed to building a diverse team and as such will ensure that our hiring process is fair too.
Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability, we want to hear from you.
If you're unsure whether to apply (or just want to ask a question) please use our chat bubble to ask.