What do we do here?
Today, millions of employees looking for career growth are stuck between bad HR software and impenetrable spreadsheets. There are no career development products that employees and managers really want to use.
That's not good enough. Managers should have the power to support their teams, and anyone should have the opportunity to be the best version of themselves and create careers that they love.
We're building the solution to that. Progression brings clarity to employees around their career growth, and simplicity and scalability to teams as they grow and look to promote and reward employees for their hard work.
That's just the start. Our mission is to help everyone build a career that they love.
That's where you come in
As a senior Product Designer you'll have your hands on every aspect of our products, from research to UI and everything in-between.
We have an amazing set of investors, a huge vision and a lot of product to build, so expect masses of autonomy, thinking from first principles and tons of face-time with us as we work together on building an amazing business.
Your skillset and experience:
- Experience building considered and intuitive interfaces for products as they scale
- Worked in cross-functional product teams at an early stage in a product's lifecycle
- Worked closely and pragmatically with engineers to find the perfect balance of consistency, delight and feasibility
- Examples of each of discovery and research, UX and scoping and UI work
- Excellent written english (as a remote company, we write a lot)
Your work will demonstrate:
- Above all, fantastically executed product decisions and UI
- An ability to move fast and a bias to action
- A sense of ownership and autonomy over your work (you act like an owner)
- Thoughtfulness around end to end journeys and workflows, never just static screens
- A deep understanding of the user of any given product, with stories to back it up
- Consideration for what's possible, other constraints and what didn't work on the way
- Creativity around the solution space, but constraint where experiences don't have to be reinvented
If you happen to have any of the following, we'd love to see!
- A passion for our space — perhaps you already document your growth or have worked in a related field
- An ability to prototype using code
- A familiarity with no-code tools like Airtable, Zapier or Webflow
What you're getting into
You'll be one of the first designers at Progression. That means you'll be shaping not only how we look as a business, but how we work too.
You'll have a great time if you want:
- To get in on the very ground floor of a new tech company
- Huge influence over all design across our current web app, marketing site and any future domains
- High level goals and a lot of freedom to run
- To move fast and ship quickly to our fast-growing customer-base
- To learn unfamiliar things quickly so you can unblock yourself
- To work on the most business critical projects, whatever they are
We may not be the right fit if you'd like to:
- Work in a large product team with lots of other designers
- Specialise in one aspect of the design process (for example design systems or prototyping)
- Work in an office!
Our commitment to fairness
We're very committed to building a diverse team and as such will ensure that our hiring process is fair too.
Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability, we want to hear from you.
If you're unsure whether to apply (or just want to ask a question) please use our chat bubble to ask.